Chicken is the number one go-to meal for dinner in our house! I especially love it because it’s so darn versatile and can be made in so many different ways.
Last night for dinner when we were trying to think of what to conjour up for a meal, we turned to the chicken thighs that were in the fridge and asparagus. I also had an intense craving for bruschetta, so I quickly ran to the store to get some fresh french baguette!
This chicken was easy peasy (as long as you know how to work a BBQ grill – if not, take some lessons!!) Seriously a life changing tool when it comes to cooking.
skinless boneless chicken thighs
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
Salt & Pepper
– Marinade the thighs in soy sauce, salt and pepper for as much time as you can. We were trying to cook these up quick time, so they were only in the bag for about half an hour.
– Fire up the BBQ to a temperature of around 400. Once it reaches this temperature, put the thighs directly on the grill and brush with BBQ sauce.- After 7 minutes, turn onto the other side of the thighs and brush this side as well.
-After another 7 minutes, the thighs should be cooked through (but cut one in the middle just to be sure).
Enjoy the chickeny chicken!
And for dessert… I must share this recipe. I’m sorry in advance.
Colt saw this posted on Facebook off of someone’s Pinterest account and when he said Reese’s I was immediately convinced to get baking.
WARNING: These are no way shape or form healthy. If you want to resist the temptation, don’t read any further 😉
Reeses Pieces Rice Krispies!
- Melt 4 Tablespoons butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour the cereal into the marshmallow mixture and stir until completely combined. Press half the cereal mixture into a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Place the 24 peanut butter cups over the top of the rice krispies in the pan. Spoon the rest of the rice krispies over the top and press down. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute. Stir until creamy. You can heat it an additional 10-15 extra seconds, if needed. Spread over the top of the rice krispie treats. Let set. Cut into 24 squares. Store in a sealed container on the counter