Is anyone else a fan of running in the dark? It’s been one of my favourite things as of late. I get to get up and get out on the road before the sun is even awake!
Good thing I purchased this handy dandy head lamp.
I purchased it from Canadian tire. It has a strong LED light and works very well on our dark pathways!
Yes I look like a goof wearing it, but again, I’m in the dark.. So who cares! SAFETY FIRST!
But more importantly…
Words cannot describe how thankful I am! My dear, fellow blogger Jordyn Ashley at My GOODNESS nominated me for the wonderful Liebster blogging award. Please check out her blog! It’s so well written and is especially motivating (just take a look at her bod, well done girl!) But also motivational in terms of workout tips and reviews!
The purpose of this award is to give some recognition to new blogs.
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post. Thank them and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 7 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with a following of less than 500.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
6. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
I’ll start off by answering all the questions given to me by Jordyn!
1. what is the 1 piece of makeup you couldn’t live without?
– Easy, MASCARA! If I only have time to put on one single item of makeup, it’s always, always mascara.
2. where is your favorite place to buy your workout clothes?
– I usually opt for lululemon. I love the quality of their garments, especially their tights. I live in workout tights and capris at the gym. But I also get pieces from so many other places, including fabletics, montiel, even forever21 and target!
3. what is one goal you would love to accomplish in the next 3 months?
– I would like to officially obtain my personal training certification. As well as get all my paper work done for volunteering in Costa Rica!
4. what is your favorite guilty pleasure?
– Does chocolate count? Or wine? Or fries? Do I really have to pick just one? Okay, chocolate…
.5. where do you see yourself in 5 years?
– Doing a job very similar to what I have now. Working in schools with children on health and nutrition. Otherwise I would love to be instructing fitness classes/yoga!
.6. what are you most looking forward to this summer?
– Just w a r m w e a t h e r. The simplicity of sunshine is all I want. But, ofcourse, so many good things come with summer – camping and hiking and fishing top my list!
7. what keeps you motivated to workout or eat healthy?
– Other than looking over inspirational blogs, I just think about the way I feel when I don’t workout vs. after my workouts. I can’t stand that sluggish feeling you get after a long day without much movement.
The wonderful bloggers that I would like to nominate for the Liebster award are:
1. Running miles with smiles –> She actually makes me smile with her adorable blog. I enjoy gawking over the food posts and look forward to workout Wednesdays!
2. So what? I run. –> Run, run, run. Need I say more? I can’t get me enough running tips, stories and motivation. She is also a great writer!
3. Thisfitblonde –> This gal has some great posts to do with running (my fave), eating (also my fave) and overall wellness tips. 🙂
4. Live fit Love chocolate –> Alice is a California girl who offers some good nutrition tips and recipes, as well as fitness and FASHION. Which is another love of mine. She has some good style!
5. Fitness meets Frosting –> I didn’t want to specifically post all fitness and health related blogs, but I can’t help it, I’m just gravitated towards them and I couldn’t leave this one out! There’s great posts to get me motivated to ensure I push myself to go for a run on those days I’m feeling ‘blah’. Also, check out her chewy lemon cookies, so, so good.
My 7 questions for you are:
1. What is your best tip for getting motivated?
2. What is the one thing you could not live without?
3. If you could live any place in the world, where would it be?
4. How did you begin your fitness journey?
5. What is your biggest dream?
6. What is your daily go-to outfit?7. Do you have a secret (maybe embarrassing) passion? If so, what is it?!
Can’t wait to read up on your answers!! And great work to every one of you. You are all so very inspirational.