As an avid runner, we like to run, and ofcourse what comes along with that? Oh yes, EAT
RunSnoozeRepeat. I love eating. Especially when it comes to thinking up yummy pre- and post- run foods. I was opting for something really sweet and delicious today to have before a good, long run. And looking in the cupboard I spotted brown bananas!
Better put them to use.
My mom used to make the most amazing banana bread and I thought I’d convert it into muffin form. and add some chocolate chips in there…
The product was outstanding! So, so good I could eat 12. And the perfect food to fuel me through my run.
Recipe as follows:
3 large, ripe bananas mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking poweder
1 1/2 cups flour of choice
CHOCOLATE CHIPS (enough to your sweet tooth)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
– In one bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Then put to the side.
– In separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, egg, mashed bananas, white sugar, brown sugar and egg.
– Fold the dry ingredients into the bowl with bananas and mix it up real good.
– Add in the amount of chocolate chips you desire.
– Pour batter into lined muffin tin and bake at 350 for 25 minutes (ish) Check them at this point, some ovens need a bit longer.
and then eat eat eat them all up!