With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, some of you might be looking to the internet for some creative gifts and date ideas. One of my favourites happens to be giving your loved one a Date Jar.
You can fill it with so many cute personalized dates that fit your interests! I can’t even tell you how many times Colt and I have been at home on a weekend or after work and said to ourselves “What should we do? We’re bored!”
And with a date jar, there’s no negotiations or hassles in trying to figure out who decides what!
With this you may need some inexpensive date ideas as well… It helps when you don’t necessarily need to head out and spend a fortune on dinner! So let me offer to you some suggestions.
1. Have a theme night based around a specific country! It could be Brazil, France, Australia, Portugal, anywhere in the world and plan your dinner and dessert recipes according to the country! Even play some music from the country while cooking and eating your creations.
2. With a $15 – $20 budget, split up for two hours and pick up fun little things you think the other person would love, like their favorite cupcake from a local cupcake shop, a new pair of boxers, etc. Exchange the goodie bags at the end of two hours!
3. Have a “game night” at home with just the two of you. Great games for two people include Scrabble, mancala and tons of card games.
4. There’s nothing ever wrong with a Netflex night, featuring popcorn and your favourite snacks!
5. Find a new trail to hike together – make sure to pack some snacks or even pick up lunch from a local shop beforehand!
6. Enjoy a fire together outside, including wine, and various campfire food – my favourite is obviously s’mores, but there’s also, spider weineys!
7. Build an indoor sheet fort together. This is soo fun and costs nothin’! It will bring you back to the good ol’ days of childhood. You could even share scary stories under there!
8. Have a vacation planning night. This is great because it gives you something to look forward to in the future, even if the funds for it might not be there right now.
9. Have a wine and cheese party! This is a favourite of mine because I am a huge fan of wine. Include various cheeses and some other creative appetizers you might not otherwise think to try!
10. Have an “ice cream for dinner” night! Either buy your favorite kind of ice cream at the grocery store (plus tons of toppings!) or visit a local hot spot.
11. Go to your local animal shelter or animal rescue committee and volunteer to help out with the animals together. This is a great one for those animal loving couples! And it’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
12. Catch the sunrise (or sunset)! Even include a little picnic if weather permits.