Colt and I have really been utilizing our crock pot that we have lately. And so this morning I wanted to quickly share with you I slow cooker recipe we tried yesterday.
I loooove slow cooker recipes because you just plop it all in before work or at lunch time, and by dinner, tadah! A delicious warm meal all ready to eat. Easy or what?
Since we’d already made chili in our crock pot last week, and pulled pork before that, we opted for a stew! I was really not feeling a red meat meal, so we decided on a hearty pulled chicken stew.
2-3 chicken breasts
all purpose flour (1/3 cup)
4 carrots chopped
3 celery stalks chopped
1/3 white onion chopped
3 potatoes cut into the size you’d like
3/4 carton of beef broth
paprika, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper to season as you would like
– cook the chicken and onion over the stove and season the chicken with the spices to your preference
– when chicken is completely cooked through, shred it with a fork and transfer into a slow cooker with chopped carrots and celery and potatoes
– add in the broth and flour mixture and stir until it is a good liquid consistency
– add in more of the spices according to your liking
– cook on low for 4-6 hours (or more!)
We had ours in the cooker for about 6 hours and enjoyed it with some homemade biscuits. DELICIOUS!