So I’m in the middle of my day at work right now, having a little bit of a break.
In the high school we are working on a kindness campaign to spread as much joy and happiness in the community and amongst the schools as possible. A part of this campaign is baking up a storm in the school’s kitchen with the junior high students and dispersing them amongst the classrooms with positive messages.
One particular baked good that we made turned out being one of my new favourites. And it’s SO simple to boot. It’s a 4-ingredient cookie (my kinda cookie!) So I thought I’d share the recipe. You likely have these ingredients in your cupboard already so don’t be afraid to go home and give these cookies a whirl, they’re good for sharing (and to consume on your own hehehe) Plus you shouldn’t feel guilty having a couple of these because they are uber clean and healthy. Perfect combination I’d say!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup quick oats
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter (I prefer all natural)
- 1 tablespoon egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended together, use the mixture to form round cookie balls and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 16-18 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes or so
- Eat them up! Or hide them away so they don’t magically disappear from family, friends, roommates..
Keep in mind you can also add anything else to the mix! Nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, it’s all up to you and your taste buds!